You know what I’m talking about right? I feel like these things have swept the internet over the past few months. I was so surprised at how EASY it is to make apple roses. If you’re looking for something easy to make that will impress everyone you know, this is the perfect treat for you.
You will need four ingredients: puff pastry dough, jam (I used apricot), apples and a lemon.
Slice the pastry dough into strips so they’re each about 1 1/2 in wide.
Cut the apples in half and place them skin side up on a cutting board. Cut them as thinly as possible and place them in a bowl full of water.
Squeeze half of the lemon into the bowl and microwave the apples for about 30 seconds. This will soften up the apples and the lemon juice will help keep them from browning.
While the apples cool a bit, spread a spoon full of jam across the dough. This will act as the glue for the apples.
Starting at one end of the dough, place the apples down on the dough, slightly overlapping, with the skin side of the slice coming up over the edge of the dough. Feel free to sprinkle a little cinnamon over the apples for extra flavor!
Once you’ve lined up the apples, fold the other half of the dough up to meet the other side. You should now have a long pocket of apples.
Next, start at one side of the pocket and begin to roll, taking care that none of the apple slices pop out of the top.
Use a small bit of jam to glue the rose together and place in a greased cupcake pan.
Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until the puff pastry has cooked through the middle.
That’s it! They take a bit of time to prepare, but they come out so beautiful. I like these because they are overly sweet. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and you’re set! Click here for a video tutorial.
- 1 box of frozen pastry dough (thawed)
- 2 Large red apples
- Apricot Jam
- 1 Lemon
- Slice the pastry dough into 1 1/2 in strips
- Cut the apple in half
- With the skin face up,slice into thin pieces
- Spread some jam over the dough
- Place the apple slices along the top edge of the dough with the red peaking over
- Fold the other half of the dough up
- From one side, begin rolling the dough into a ball and secure with a piece of jam
- Place in greased cupcake pan and bake at 375 for 40-45 min.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!